Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A joke I just wrote

So, the new Pope (work with me here, it's a joke) is flying to the Vatican when his plane crashes in an isolated forest. Fortunately, he and his retinue are all right, but they have to hike through the woods in order to reach rescue.

Not long after the crash, the Pope is overcome with a sudden bout of intestinal distress and goes off to find a secluded place to relieve himself. Unfortunately for him, no sooner has he "dropped trou" when a massive bear, thinking it has found dinner, rears up on its hind legs and roars. Literally caught with his pants down, the Pope does the only thing he can think of: he holds up his hands in the sign of blessing and says "Pax vobiscum!" (Peace be with you.)

To his astonishment, the bear makes the sign of the Cross with its paw and wanders off. The Pope, quite naturally, pulls up his pants and rejoins his group, where he tells them of the miracle he just witnessed.

As they resume their hike, one of the cardinals quips "Well, we know the bear is Catholic, but we may never find out if the Pope shits in the woods."


6 comments:

  1. Ha ha I see what you did there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Season 4, Episode 10 of Crossing Jordan had a reference to that punchline.  Are you Netflixing that show as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm not!  I saw a few episodes of Crossing Jordan but I never really watched it. I honestly had no idea they had done this joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was the FBI guy trying to kill the witness in the diner episode. (all the episode had was the comments "Is a bear Catholic?" and "Does that mean the Pope...")  And if you saw that episode, then that joke's base could have been sitting in the back of your mind for years before something brought it forward as a full joke.  I've watched so many movies and TV shows, I am constantly irritating my wife with random quotes and factoids, part of the burden of being a geek I guess... :)  And I honestly wasn't trying to be a killjoy or anything like that, I just thought it would be funny if someone else was re-watching the same show at around the same time.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.