Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My Heart Is Broken

I received this email today:

While I acknowledge that the First Congregational Church of Winter Park has the right to rescind their invitation, I am heartbroken that they have chosen to break faith with us in such a sudden and unexpected manner. (They gave us permission to use their facilities on May 15th; our announcements went out on May 24th.)

I am heartbroken that a church believes that a seminar on Active Shooter Survival Techniques must be canceled because the entities sponsoring it have stances that the church finds distasteful.

I am heartbroken that a church can somehow find armed self-defense distasteful, when Jesus Himself told His disciples in the Gospel of Luke "and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."

I am heartbroken because now, unless a miracle occurs, the community is deprived of a free seminar on safety that could potentially save lives.

I am heartbroken because politics has gotten in the way of something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.